The current members of the Airport Benchmarking Group are:
The Group is actively looking for a minimum of five other major hub airports by November 1st 2017, which is the official start date of the recurring annual phases of the Group.
The agreed key membership criteria are based on creating a (geographically) diverse group, however with similarity of the challenges faced by progressive commercially operated hub airports*:
- Passenger traffic ~>50 Million, with a significant proportion of international passengers
- Transfers should make up >25% of passenger traffic
- Mixed passenger types: economy and premium
- Substantial long haul traffic: >33% of passengers
- Substantial cargo operation: >0.5 Million Tons
Naturally, the willingness to fully participate / contribute to the Group is an essential criterium as well.
* three out of these five criteria would qualify