The group consists of 9 airports located in 8 countries. See below for the full list of members.
The agreed key membership criteria are based on creating a comparable but also (geographically) diverse group of progressive commercially operated hub airports. There are five criteria as listed below; however, meeting three of these five criteria would qualify.
- Passenger traffic ~>50 Million, with a significant proportion of international passengers
- Transfers should make up >25% of passenger traffic
- Mixed passenger types: economy and premium
- Substantial long haul traffic: >33% of passengers
- Substantial cargo operation: >0.5 million tonnes
Naturally, the willingness to fully participate / contribute to the Group is an essential criterium as well.